Steampunk inspiration and resources

Steampunk Sourcebook: Sherlock Holmes Part 4

Alright, enough of the facts and now for some fun! To finish off Sherlock Holmes week here on the site I have created a gallery of Sherlock cosplay and notable Holmes portrayers. Do you have a favorite Holmes actor? Please comment below!

Sherlock Cosplay

Sherlock Holmes actors as The Great Detective

There have been almost 80 different actors who have played Sherlock on stage and screen, so here are just a few of the most notable.

Read Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

7 responses

1. Cumberbatch is superb but Jeremy Brett…! Can’t say enough about his version of Holmes!

Liked by 1 person

July 16, 2015 at 9:00 am

• Jeremy Brett is totally my fave. It could be that this is because he was the first Holmes I ever saw (aside from Sherlock Hound, that is), but even watching him now he is just so perfect!

Liked by 1 person

July 18, 2015 at 8:39 am

• Agreed. And morsel all he endured in his final days while continuing to act. Amazing

July 18, 2015 at 9:14 am

2. Cool. I’m a bit interested in that new movie, “Mr. Holmes” that just came out starring Ian McKellan, but they’re not showing it at my local theater 😦

July 17, 2015 at 1:17 pm

• Yeah, I really want to see it too but I worry I will miss it and a bunch of other movies while I am living abroad.

July 17, 2015 at 1:37 pm

3. Reblogged this on Lenora's Culture Center and Foray into History.

July 21, 2015 at 10:18 am

4. Brett. For me, he offered the best interpretation and performance of the Great Detective.

Liked by 1 person

July 21, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Share your thoughts

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s